Dr. Harshad Padmanabh Patil
Date of Birth: 12.08.1984
Designation: Associate Professor
|Degree||Year||Institution and Location||Major Subjects|
|Medical Sciences (Vaccinology)||2014||University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands||Doctorate in Philosophy (Ph.D.)|
|Virology||2007||National Institute of Virology, University of Pune, India||Master of Science (M. Sc.)|
|Microbiology||2005||Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), Abasaheb Garware College, University of Pune, India|
Viral vaccines and immunology.
Post doctoral research fellow, Advanced Drug Delivery & Biomaterials, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Université catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium (June 2014 – June 2016).
- Evaluation of the residence time and efficacy of PEGylated monoclonal antibodies (anti-IL13 or anti-IL17) after pulmonary delivery.
- Analysis of B and T cell immune mechanisms elicited by AdvaxTM- adjuvanted inactivate whole influenza virus vaccine administered by different immunization strategies.
- Evaluation of immune response elicited by influenza subunit or hepatitis B surface antigen vaccine after delivery to various sites within the lung.
Ph.D. fellow, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands (November 2009 – February 2014)
- Evaluation of physical and immunogenic stability of spray freeze dried influenza vaccine powder for pulmonary delivery.
- Comparison of adjuvants for the development of spray freeze dried whole inactivated virus vaccine for pulmonary delivery.
- Evaluation of GPI-0100 as mucosal adjuvant for inactivated influenza vaccines.
- Quality control, Serum Institute of India Ltd, Pune, India, December 2007-October 2009
- Production trainee, Ventri Biologicals, Pune, India, August 2007-December 2007.
Honors and awards
- Best poster presentation award at 3rd International conference on lung health, 2016, Monaco
- TRANSVAC course, 2013. Got selected and participated at ‘Practical approaches to vaccine development’ by European Vaccine Initiative, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Jan Kornelis de Cock grant, 2012, University of Groningen, The Netherlands (Grant to purchase experimenal materials).
- Ubbo Emmius Ph.D. Scholarship, 2009, University of Groningen, The Netherlands (Four year grant to execute self-designed Ph.D. project)
- PEGylation of paclitaxel largely improves its safety an anti tumor efficacy following pulmonary delivery in a mouse model of lung carcinoma. Luo T, Loira-Pastoriza C, Patil HP, Ucakar B, Muccioli GG, Bosquillon C, Vanbever R. J Control Release. 2016 Aug 8;239:62-71, impact factor: 7.41 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27515664 2.
- Comparison of adjuvants for the development of spray freeze dried whole inactivated virus vaccine for pulmonary delivery Patil HP, Murugappan S, de Vries-Idema J, Meijerhof T, de Haan A, Frijlink HW, Wilschut J, Hinrichs WL, Huckriede A Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2015 Jun;93:231-41, impact factor: 3.97 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25896446
- Simplifying influenza vaccination during pandamics: Sublingual priming and intramuscular boosting of immune responses with heterologous whole inactivated influenza vaccine Murugappan S, Patil HP, Frijlink HW, Huckriede A, Hinrichs WL. AAPS J. 2014 Mar;16(2):342-9, impact factor: 3.79 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24482005 4.
- Evaluation of monophosphoryl lipid A as adjuvant for pulmonary delivered influenza vaccine Patil HP, Murugappan S, ter Veer W, Meijerhof T, de Haan A, Frijlink HW, Wilschut J, Hinrichs WL, Huckriede A. J Control Release. 2014 Jan 28;174:51-62., impact factor: 7.41 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24269505 5.
- Evaluation of mucosal and systemic immune responses elicited by GPI-0100- adjuvanted influenza vaccine delivered by different immunization strategies Liu H, Patil HP, de Vries-Idema J, Wilschut J, Huckriede A. PLoS One. 2013 Jul 31;8 (7):e69649, impact factor: 3.2 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23936066 6.
- Physical and immunogenic stability of spray freeze dried influenza vaccine powder for pulmonary delivery: comparison of inulin, dextran or a mixture of dextran and trehalose as protectants Murugappan S*, Patil HP*, Kanojia G, ter Veer W, Meijerhof T, Frijlink HW, Huckriede A, Hinrichs WL. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2013 Nov; 85 (3PtA):716-25, impact factor: 3.97 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23933147 7.
- Enhancement of the immunogenicity and protective efficacy of a mucosal influenza subunit vaccine by the saponin adjuvant GPI-0100 Liu H, Patil HP, de Vries-Idema J, Wilschut J, Huckriede A. PLoS One. 2012;7(12):e52135, impact factor: 3.2 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23284901
- Adjuvantation of Pulmonary-Administered Influenza Vaccine with GPI-0100 Primarily Stimulates Antibody Production and Memory B Cell Proliferation. Patil HP, Herrera Rodriguez J, de Vries-Idema J, Meijerhof T, Frijlink HW, Hinrichs WLJ, Huckriede A*. Vaccines (Basel). 2017 Jul 27;5(3) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28749414
- Production and characterization of a PEGylated derivative of recombinant human deoxyribonuclease I for cystic fibrosis therapy. Guichard MJ, Patil HP, Koussoroplis SJ, Wattiez R, Leal T, Vanbever R*. International journal of pharmaceutics. 2017 May 30;524(1-2):159-167, impact factor: 3.6 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28356227
- PEGylation prolongs the pulmonary retention of an anti-IL-17A Fab' antibody fragment after pulmonary delivery in three different species. Freches D, Patil HP, Machado Franco M, Uyttenhove C, Heywood S, Vanbever R*. International journal of pharmaceutics. 2017 Feb 10;521(1-2):120-129, impact factor: 3.6 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28192159
International conference and workshop
- Impact of PEGylation on biodistribution and efficacy of antibody fragments after pulmonary delivery, Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies for respiratory research, 2016, Tours, France
- Comparison of adjuvants for the development of spray freeze dried whole inactivated virus vaccine for pulmonary delivery, Vaccine symposium, 2013, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Impact of the delivery site of antibody fragments within the lung on their local residence time, Dutch-Belgium biopharmacy day, 2015, Leuven, Belgium and 3rd International conference on lung health, 2016, Monaco
- Spray freeze-dried monophosphoryl lipid A-adjuvanted whole inactivated virus influenza vaccine induces effective humoral responses against influenza virus after pulmonary vaccination. 4th Influenza vaccines for the world, 2012, Valencia, Spain
- Pulmonary administration of monophosphoryl lipid A-adjuvanted whole inactivated virus influenza vaccine formulated as dry powder successfully induces IgA and IgG , 4th ESWI influenza conference, 2011, Malta
- 7th European Mucosal Immunology group meeting (EMIG), 2010, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Dutch-Belgium biopharmacy day, 2014, Rotterdam, The Netherlands