Dr. Sadhana Ramchandra Joshi
Date of Birth: 24/10/1962
Qualification: M. Sc. Ph.D (Biochemistry)
Designation: Professor, and Head,Nutritional Medicine Division
Phone: 020-24366920 (ext.301)
Research experience: 23 years
Area of interest: Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition, Epigenetics
- Research Excellence Award for Developing Country Scientist at the 7th World Congress on Developmental Origins of Health and Disease, held in September 18-21, 2012, in Portland, OR, USA
- “Best Researcher Award” at the 15th Foundation day Ceremony at Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune, 26th April, 2010 at the hands of Chairman, University Grants Commision, Dr. Sukhdeo Thorat
- Member of an Advisory Committee on Pediatric and Maternal Nutrition and Health. DSM, Nutritional Products USA February 16, 2016, Columbia, MD, USA.
- “Altered Maternal Nutrition (Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids) and Risk for Non-communicable Diseases in the Offspring in Later Life” at International Congress on Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome in conjunction with the 43rd Annual Scientific Meeting of KSSO organized by ICOMES, Seoul, Korea (12th-14th November 2015).
- “Nutrigenomics Mechanisms and consequences” at Abhyas Mahotsav, Mumbai (5th February, 2015).
- “Nutrigenomics in pregnancy” at Nirmala Niketan (5th February, 2015).
- “Maternal Nutrition and its effect on health of the next generation” at the 102nd Indian Science Congress, Mumbai (3rd -7th January 2015).
- “Mechanism Underlying the Association of Maternal Nutrition (folic acid, vitamin B12, and Omega 3 fatty acids) and Risk for Diseases in Later Life” at the 18th Annual Meeting of SNEHA, Lonavala (26th – 28th September 2014).
- “Maternal Nutrtion, Epigenetics and Adult Health” at the Plenary Session at the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) conference, Pune (12th-14th Dec 2013).
- “Maternal Diet Induced Systemic and Intrauterine Inflammation: Risk for Non-communicable Disease in the Offspring” at 45th National Conference of the Nutrition Society of India at Hyderabad (20th-21st Nov 2013).
- “Asian perspective on PUFA supply in pregnancy infants: review of evidence and proposed recommendations” at “Asia Pacific Workshop on Polyunsaturated fatty acids” at Singapore (15th-17th Nov 2013).
- “Epigenetic influence on young India” at West Zone YUVA FOGSI Conference, Bhopal (6th-8th Sept 2013).
- “Maternal micronutrients in the one carbon cycle and epigenetic programming” at the C.S.I.R - Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (8th-10th March 2013).
- “Enhancing Health, Well-being and Sustainability - Opportunities, Challenges and Future Directions at International Conference (10th–12th Jan 2013)
- World Congress-BCGIP, India & 2nd Annual Congress of Society of Fetal Medicine (16th-18th Nov 2012).
- “A disturbed Pregnancy” Conference at Bangalore. Organized by the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, Bangalore (11th Aug 2012)
- “Role of women for a healthy society” at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Platinum Jubilee Year, Symposium on Food security, nutrition, the environment and survival., Mumbai (18th Feb 2012)
- “Maternal and Child Health Care with Specific reference to Nutrition and Nutrition Security” at Indian Science Congress, Bhubaneswar, Orissa (3rd-7th Jan, 2012)
- Indo-UK workshop at National Institute of Nutrition Sponsored by Wellcome Trust UK. 3-day Indo-UK workshop at NIN, Hyderabad on the 8th -10th September, 2011 to plan longitudinal studies on infant feeding, child growth, development and adult health outcomes.
- “Possible Mechanisms of Altered Maternal micronutrients (folic acid and vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acid Metabolism in DOHaD: Use of Rat Models” at the ICMR centenary celebrations National Institute of Nutrition organized Seminar (one day)/brain storming session (half a day) Maternal under-nutrition and developmental origins of health and disease (25th -26th June, 2011).
- “Nutraceutical approach for better pregnancy outcome and prevention of diseases” at Innovations in Pharmacology, Bharati Vidyapeeth University (22nd Nov- 4th Dec, 2010).
- “Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants: Nutraceutical approach to better pregnancy outcome” 5th nutraceutical summit at India’s biggest nutraceutical, functional foods, dietary supplements and ingredients show, New Delhi (28th -30th Oct, 2009).
Other activities (Please do not mention PhD guide ship and experience of writing proposals)
- DBT task force member on the task force “Human Development Disease Biology”
- Reviewer for Project Grants from countries like France and Netherlands
- Editorial board member of “Journal of Nutrition & Intermediary Metabolism”, ELSEVIER
- Reviewer for many International Scientific Journals with high impact factor
- Ethical Committee Member (Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College)
- Fellow of the Society of Applied Biotechnologists
- Member of the Board of The India Chapter of Gestosis, The Indian Society of Preeclampsia
- Life member of the International Society for Developmental Origins of Health and Disease
- Life member of Nutrition Society of India, India
- Life member of Society for the Natal effects on Health in Adults, India
- Total 100
- nternational: 94
- National: 6
The theme of my research is mother and child health which addresses the importance of maternal nutrition, with special reference to micronutrients and risk of developing metabolic/neurodevelopmental disorders in childhood and later life. My main focus is on maternal omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid and vitamin B12 since these micronutrients are the key constituents of one carbon metabolism which influence DNA and chromatin methylation patterns. A disturbed one carbon metabolism due to maternal micronutrient imbalance may lead to altered epigenetic programming in the fetus with implications for non-communicable diseases in later life.
At IRSHA I initiated the work on mother and child health in collaboration with the clinicians from Bharati Hospital on pregnancy related disorders (preeclampsia, preterm labor). The incidence of these pregnancy complications are alarmingly increasing in developing countries like India making it an important health issue. However, the mechanisms responsible for the pathogenesis of these complications have not been completely understood. Animal models are also used to validate the mechanisms of interactions of micronutrients during pregnancy and their role in fetal programming for adult diseases.
- Kemse NG, Kale AA and Joshi SR. Maternal supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients reduces cardiometabolic variables in pregnancy induced hypertension rats. Life Sciences. [In Press] (IF: 2.680)
- Rani Alka, Wadhwani Nisha, Joshi Sadhana, Chavan Preeti. Altered development and function of the placental regions in preeclampsia and its association with long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Developmental Biology. [In Press] (IF: 3.155)
- Meher Akshaya, Wadhwani Nisha, Joshi Sadhana. Placental DHA and mRNA Levels of PPARγ, LXRα and their Relationship to Birth Weight, Journal of Clinical Lipidology. [In Press] (IF: 4.906)
- Meher Akshaya, Joshi Sadhana. Maternal Fatty Acids and Their Association with Birth Outcome: A Prospective Study. PLOS ONE. [In Press] (IF: 3.057)
- Kemse Nisha, Kale Anvita, Joshi Sadhana. Supplementation of maternal omega-3 fatty acids to pregnancy induced hypertension Wistar rats improves IL10 and VEGF levels. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 2015 [In Press] (IF: 3.155)
- Wadhwani Nisha, Narang Ankita, Mehendale Savita, Wagh Girija, Gupte Sanjay, Joshi Sadhana. Reduced maternal erythrocyte long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids exist in early pregnancy in preeclampsia. LIPIDS [In Press] (IF: 1.892)
- Wadhwani Nisha, Patil Vidya, Mehendale Savita, Wagh Girija, Gupte Sanjay, Joshi Sadhana. Increased homocysteine levels exist in women with preeclampsia from early pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015 [In Press] (IF: 1.370)
- Rathod RS, Kale AA and Joshi SR. Novel insights into the effect of vitamin B12and omega-3 fatty acids on brain function (Review). J Biomed Sci. 2015 [in press] (IF: 2.760).
- D'Souza Vandita, Kilari Anitha, Pisal Hemlata, Patil Vidya, Mehendale Savita, Wagh Girija, Gupte Sanjay, Joshi Sadhana. Maternal Nerve Growth Factor Levels during Pregnancy in Women with Preeclampsia: A Longitudinal Study. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015. [In Press] (IF: 2.380)
- D'Souza Vandita, Rani Alka, Patil Vidya, Pisal Hemlata, Randhir Karuna, Mehendale Savita, Wagh Girija, Joshi Sadhana. Increased oxidative stress from early pregnancy in women who develop preeclampsia. Clinical and Experimental Hypertension [In Press] (IF: 1.234)
- Sahay AS, Sundrani DP and Joshi SR. Regional changes of placental vascularization in preeclampsia: A review. IUBMB Life. 2015;67(8):619-25. (IF: 3.143)
- Rathod RS, Khaire AA, Kale AA and Joshi SR. Beneficial effects of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 supplementation on brain docosahexaenoic acid, brain derived neurotrophic factor, and cognitive performance in the second-generation Wistar rats. Biofactors. 2015;41(4):261-72. (IF: 4.504)
- Sahay AS, Sundrani DP, Wagh GN, Mehendale SS and Joshi SR. Neurotrophin levels in different regions of the placenta and their association with birth outcome and blood pressure. Placenta. 2015;36(8):938-43. (IF: 2.972)
- Alka Rani, Preeti Chavan-Gautam, Savita Mehendale, Girija Wagh, Sadhana Joshi. Differential regional fatty acid distribution in normotensive and preeclampsia placenta. BBA Clinical. 2015: 4(0): 21-26.
- Meher A, Sundrani D, Joshi S. Maternal nutrition influences angiogenesis in the placenta through peroxisome proliferator activated receptors: A novel hypothesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2015. [In Press] (IF: 2.530)
- Wadhwani N, Pisal.H, Mehendale.S, Joshi S. (2015) A prospective study of maternal fatty acids, micronutrients and homocysteine and their association with birth outcome. Matern Child Nutr. (In press). (IF:3.060)
- Rathod RS, Khaire AA, Kale AA and Joshi SR. Maternal omega-3 fatty acid supplementation to a vitamin B12 deficient diet normalizes angiogenic markers in the pup brain at birth. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;43:43-9. (IF: 2.380)
- Khaire A, Rathod R, Kale A and Joshi S. Vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids together regulate lipid metabolism in Wistar rats. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2015;99:7-17. (IF 3.155)
- Khaire AA, Kale AA and Joshi SR. Maternal omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients modulate fetal lipid metabolism: A review. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2015;98:49-55. (IF: 3.155)
- Sahay AS, Sundrani DP, Wagh GN, Mehendale SS and Joshi SR. Regional differences in the placental levels of oxidative stress markers in pre-eclampsia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;129(3):213-8. (IF: 1.674)
- Kemse NG, Kale AA and Joshi SR. A combined supplementation of omega-3 Fatty acids and micronutrients (folic Acid, vitamin B12) reduces oxidative stress markers in a rat model of pregnancy induced hypertension. PLoS One. 2014;9(11):e111902. (IF: 3.057)
- Roy S, Dhobale M, Dangat K, Mehendale S, Lalwani S and Joshi S. Differential oxidative stress levels in mothers with preeclampsia delivering male and female babies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015:1-8. (IF: 1.370)
- Khot V, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S. (2014) Proposing interactions between maternal phospholipids and the one carbon cycle: A novel mechanism influencing the risk for cardiovascular diseases in the offspring in later life. Life Sciences (Life Sci. 2014 Oct 2. pii: S0024-3205(14)00799-1). (IF: 2.685)
- Roy S, Dhobale M, Dangat K, Mehendale S, Wagh G, Lalwani S, Joshi S. (2014) Differential levels of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in women with preeclampsia delivering male and female babies. Prostaglandins leukotrienes and essential fatty acids (Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2014 Jul 12. pii: S0952-3278(14)00100-8). (IF:3.155)
- Koletzko B, Boey C, Campoy C, Carlson S, Chang N, Guillermo-Tuazon MA, Joshi S, Prell1 C, Quak SH, Sjarif D, Supapannachart S, Yamashiro Y, Osendarp S. (2014) Current information and Asian perspectives on long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in pregnancy, lactation and infancy. Systematic review and practice recommendations from an Early Nutrition Academy workshop. Ann Nutr Metab (Ann Nutr Metab.2014;65(1):49-80). (IF:2.461)
- D'Souza V, Patil V, Pisal H, Randhir K, Joshi A, Mehendale S, Wagh G, Gupte S, Joshi S. (2014) Levels of brain derived neurotrophic factors across gestation in women with preeclampsia. Int J Dev Neurosci (Int J Dev Neurosci. 2014 Oct;37:36-40). (IF:2.380)
- Wadhwani N, Patil V, Pisal H, Joshi A, Mehendale S, Gupte S, Wagh G, Joshi S (2014). Altered maternal proportions of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and their transport leads to disturbed fetal stores in preeclampsia. Prostaglandins leukotrienes and essential fatty acids (2014 Jul-Aug;91(1-2):21-30). (IF: 3.155)
- Khot V, Kale A, Joshi A, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S. (2014) Expression of genes encoding enzymes involved in the one carbon cycle in rat placenta is determined by maternal micronutrients (Folic acid, Vitamin B12) and omega-3 fatty acids. Biomed Research International (Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:613078). (IF:2.134)
- Sundrani DP, Reddy US, Chavan-Gautam PM, Mehendale SS, Chandak GR, Joshi SR. (2014) Altered methylation and expression patterns of genes regulating placental angiogenesis in preterm pregnancy. Reproductive Sciences. (In press). (IF:2.429)
- Meher A, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2014) Differential regulation of hepatic transcription factors in the wistar rat offspring born to dams fed folic acid, vitamin B12 deficient diets and supplemented with omega 3 fatty acids. PLoS One. (2014 Feb 28;9(2):e90209). (IF:3.057)
- Sahay A, Patil V, Sundrani D, Joshi A, Wagh G, Gupte S, Joshi S. (2014) A longitudinal study of circulating angiogenic, anti-angiogenic factors and AT1-AA levels in preeclampsia. Hypertens Res. (2014 Aug;37(8):753-8). (IF:3.208)
- Kilari A, Deshpande M, Joshi S. (2014) A novel molecular mechanistic hypothesis to validate the therapeutic effects of Tribulus terrestris (Gokshur) to ameliorate pathophysiology and improve pregnancy and fetal outcome in preeclampsia. Gynecol obstet. 4: 195. (IF:0.00)
- Sable P, Kale A, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2014) Maternal micronutrient imbalance alters gene expression of BDNF, NGF, TrkB and CREB in the offspring brain at an adult age. Int J Dev Neurosci. (Int J Dev Neurosci. 2014 May;34:24-32). (IF:2.380)
- Meher A, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2014) Maternal micronutrients, omega-3 fatty acids and placental PPARγ expression. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. (2014 Jul;39(7):793-800). (IF:2.340)
- Dangat K, Kilari A, Mehendale S, Lalwani S, Joshi S. (2013) Preeclampsia alters milk neurotrophins and long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Int J Dev Neurosci. (Int J Dev Neurosci. 2014 Apr;33:115-21). (IF:2.380)
- Rathod R, Khaire A, Kemse N, Kale A, Joshi S. (2014) Maternal omega-3 fatty acid supplementation on vitamin B12 rich diet improves brain omega-3 fatty acids, neurotrophins and cognition in the Wistar rat offspring. Brain Dev. (Brain Dev. 2014 Jan 10. pii: S0387-7604(13)00350-1.). (IF:1.785)
- Sable P, Randhir K, Kale A, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S. (2015) Maternal micronutrients and brain global methylation patterns in the offspring. Nutr Neurosci.Jan 18(1):30-6. (IF: 2.274)
- Khaire A, Rathod R, Kemse N, Kale A, Joshi S. (2013) Supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids during gestation and lactation to vitamin B12 deficient/ supplemented diet improves pregnancy outcome and metabolic variables in Wistar rats. Reprod Fertil Dev. Jan 27 (2):341-50. (IF:2.400)
- Dhobale M, Pisal H, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2013) Differential expression of human placental neurotrophic factors in preterm and term deliveries. Int J Dev Neurosci. (2013 Dec;31(8):719-23). (IF:2.380)
- Sable P, Kale A, Joshi S. (2013) Prenatal Omega 3 fatty acid supplementation to a micronutrient imbalanced diet protects brain neurotrophins both in the cortex and hippocampus in the adult rat offspring. Metabolism. (2013 Nov;62(11):1607-22). (IF:4.375)
- Sundrani DP, Reddy US, Joshi AA, Mehendale SS, Chavan-Gautam PM, Hardikar AA, Chandak GR, Joshi SR. (2013) Differential placental methylation and expression of VEGF, FLT-1 and KDR genes in human term and preterm preeclampsia. Clin Epigenetics. (2013 Apr 26;5(1):6). (IF:4.543)
- D'Souza VA, Kilari AS, Joshi AA, Mehendale SS, Pisal HM, Joshi SR. (2014) Differential regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in term and preterm preeclampsia. Reprod Sci. (2014 Feb;21(2):230-5). (IF: 2.429)
- Roy S, Sable P, Khaire A, Randhir K, Kale A, Joshi S (2013). Effect of maternal micronutrients (folic acid and vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids on indices of brain oxidative stress in the offspring. Brain Dev. March 36(3):219-27. (IF:1.785)
- Sundrani D, Chavan P, Pisal H, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2013). Matrix metalloproteinases-2, -3 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases -1, -2 in placentas from preterm pregnancies. Reproduction (2013 Apr 15;145(4):401-10). (IF:3.184)
- D’Souza V, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S. (2013) Counteracting oxidative stress in pregnancy through modulation of maternal micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. Curr Med Chem. (2013;20(37):4777-83). (IF:3.850)
- Wadhwani N, Dangat K, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2013) Maternal micronutrients and omega 3 fatty acids affect placental fatty acid desaturases and transport proteins in wistar rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. (2013 Mar;88(3):235-42). (IF:3.155)
- Dangat K, Kilari A, Mehendale S, Lalwani S, Joshi S. (2013) Higher levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor but similar nerve growth factor in human milk in women with preeclampsia. Int J Dev Neurosci. (2013 May;31(3):209-1). (IF:2.380)
- Sundrani D, Khot V, Pisal H, Mehendale S, Wagh G, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2013) Gestation dependant changes in angiogenic factors and their associations with birth measures in normotensive pregnancy. PLoS One. (2013;8(1):e54153). (IF:3.057)
- Meher A, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2013) Preconceptional fish oil supplementation on a micronutrient deficient diet improves reproductive cycles in Wistar rats” Reprod Fertil Dev. (2013 Aug;25(7):1085-94). (IF:2.400)
- Sable P, Dangat K, Joshi A, Joshi S. (2012) Maternal omega 3 fatty acid supplementation during pregnancy to a micronutrient imbalanced diet protects postnatal reduction of brain neurotrophins in the rat offspring. Neuroscience (2012 Aug 16;217:46-55). (IF:3.231)
- Dhobale M, Mehendale S, Pisal H, D’Souza Vand, Joshi S. (2012). Association of brain derived neurotrophic factor and tyrosine kinase B receptor in pregnancy Neuroscience. (2012 Aug 2;216:31-7). (IF:3.231)
- Dhobale M, Chavan P, Kulkarni A, Mehendale S, Pisal H and Joshi S. (2012). Reduced Folate, Increased Vitamin B12 and Homocysteine Concentrations in Women Delivering Preterm. Ann Nutr Metab. (2012;61(1):7-14). (IF:2.620)
- Mary S, Patil G, Kulkarni A, Kulkarni M, Joshi S., Mehendale S, Giri A (2012). Dynamic proteome in enigmatic preeclampsia discovery: An account of molecular mechanisms and biomarker. Proteomics Clin Appl. (2012 Jan;6(1-2):79-90). (IF:2.960)
- Dhobale M, Mehendale S, Pisal H, Joshi S. (2012) Reduced maternal and cord nerve growth factor levels in preterm deliveries. Int J Dev Neurosci. (2012 Apr;30(2):99-103). (IF:2.380)
- Sundrani D, Chavan Gautam P, Pisal H, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2012) Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -9 in human placenta during spontaneous vaginal delivery and caesarean sectioning in preterm pregnancy. PLoS One. (2012 Jan;7(1):e29855). (IF:3.057)
- Wadhwani N, Manglekar R, Dangat K , Kulkarni A, Joshi S. (2011) Effect of maternal micronutrients (folic acid, vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids on liver fatty acid desaturases and transport proteins in Wistar rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. (2012 Jan-Feb;86(1-2):21-7). (IF:3.155)
- Sundrani D, Chavan Gautam P, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2011) Altered metabolism of maternal micronutrients and omega 3 fatty acids epigenetically regulate matrix metalloproteinases in preterm pregnancy: A novel hypothesis. Med Hypotheses. (2011 Nov;77(5):878-83). (IF:1.136)
- Dhobale M, Wadhwani N, Mehendale S, Pisal H, Joshi S. (2011) Reduced levels of placental long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in preterm deliveries. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. (2011 Sep-Oct; 85(3-4):149-53). (IF:3.155)
- Sable P, Dangat K, Kale A, Joshi S. (2011) Altered brain neurotrophins at birth: consequence of imbalance in maternal folic acid and vitamin B12 metabolism. Neuroscience. (2011 Sep 8;190:127-34). (IF:3.231)
- Dhobale M, Joshi S. (2012) Altered maternal micronutrients (folic acid, vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids through oxidative stress may reduce neurotrophic factors in preterm pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. (2012 Apr;25(4):317-23). (IF:1.370)
- Roy S, Kale A, Dangat K, Sable P, Kulkarni A, Joshi S. (2012) Maternal micronutrients (folic acid and vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids: Implications for neurodevelopmental risk in the rat offspring. Brain Dev. (2012 Jan;34(1):64-7). (IF:1.785)
- Dangat K, Kale A, Joshi S. (2011) Maternal supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids to micronutrient imbalanced diet improves lactation in rat. Metabolism. (2011 Sep;60(9):1318-24). (IF:4.375)
- Kilari A, Mehendale S, Dangat K, Pisal H, Joshi S. (2011) Associations of long Chain polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrations with birth outcome in term Indian mothers and their neonates. Am J Hum Biol. (2011 May-Jun;23(3):319-24). (IF:1.700)
- Kulkarni A, Dangat K, Kale A, Sable P, Chavan-Gautam P, Joshi S. (2011) Effects of altered maternal folic acid, vitamin B12 and docosahexaenoic acid on placental global DNA methylation patterns in Wistar rats. PLoS One. (2011 Mar 10;6(3):e17706). (IF:3.057)
- Chavan-Gautam P, Sundrani D, Pisal H, Nimbargi V, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2011) Gestation-dependant changes in human placental global DNA methylation levels. Mol Reprod Dev. (2011 Mar;78(3):150). (IF:2.530)
- Kulkarni A, Mehendale S, Yadav H, Joshi S. (2011) Reduced placental docosahexaenoic acid levels associated with increased levels of sFlt-1 in preeclampsia. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. (2011 Jan-Feb;84(1-2):51-5). (IF:3.155)
- Kilari A, Mehendale S, Pisal H, Panchanadikar T, Kale A, Joshi S (2011) Nerve growth factor, birth outcome and pre-eclampsia. Int J Dev Neurosci. (2011 Feb;29(1):71-5). (IF:2.380)
- Kulkarni A, Chavan-Gautam P, Mehendale S, Yadav H, Joshi S. (2011) Global DNA methylation patterns in placenta and its association with maternal hypertension in pre-eclampsia. DNA Cell Biol. (2011 Feb;30(2):79-8). (IF:2.574)
- Kulkarni A, Mehendale S ,Pisal H, Kilari A, Dangat K, Salunkhe S, Taralekar V, Joshi S. (2011) Association of omega 3 fatty acids and homocysteine concentrations in pre-eclampsia. Clin Nutr. (2011 Feb;30(1):60-4). (IF:4.487)
- Kulkarni A, Mehendale S, Yadav H, Kilari A,Taralekar V, Joshi S. (2010) Circulating angiogenic factors and their association with birth outcomes in pre-eclampsia. Hypertens Res. (2010 Jun;33(6):561-7). (IF:3.208)
- Kilari A, Mehendale S, Dangat K, Yadav H, Gupta A, Tarlekar V, Joshi S. (2010) Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in mothers of preterm babies. J Perinat Med. (2010 Nov;38(6):659-64). (IF: 1.798)
- Kale A, Naphade N, Sapkale S, Kamaraju M, Pillai A, Joshi S, Mahadik S. (2010). Reduced folic acid, vitamin B(12) and docosahexaenoic acid and increased homocysteine and cortisol in never-medicated schizophrenia patients: Implications for altered one-carbon metabolism. Psychiatry Res. (2010 Jan 30;175(1-2):47-53). (IF:2.467)
- Dangat K, Mehendale S, Yadav H, Kilari A, Kulkarni A, Taralekar V, Joshi S (2010). Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid composition of breast milk in pre-eclamptic mothers. Neonatology (2010;97(3):190-4). (IF:2.754)
- Agale S, Kulkarni A, Ranjekar P, Joshi S. (2010) Maternal caloric restriction spares fetal brain polyunsaturated fatty acids in Wistar rats. Brain Dev. (2010 Feb;32(2):123-9). (IF:1.785)
- Pillai A, Kale A, Joshi S, Naphade N, Raju MS, Nasrallah H, Mahadik SP. (2009). Decreased BDNF levels in CSF of drug-naive first-episode psychotic subjects: correlation with plasma BDNF and psychopathology. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. (2010 May; 13(4):535-9). (IF:4.333)
- Kale A, Joshi S, Pillai A, Naphade N, Raju M, Nasrallah H, Mahadik SP (2009). Reduced cerebrospinal fluid and plasma nerve growth factor in drug-naïve psychotic patients. Schizophr Res. (2009 Dec;115(2-3):209-14). (IF:4.453)
- Kilari A, Mehendale S, Dangat K, Yadav H, Kulakarni A, Dhobale M, Taralekar V, Joshi S. (2009) Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in mothers and term babies. J Perinat Med. (2009;37(5):513-8). (IF: 1.798)
- Rao S, Kanade A, Joshi S, Yajnik C. (2009) Community – specific modifications are essential for objective assessment of maternal dietary intake- Pune Maternal Nutrition study. Public Health and Nutrition. (2009 Sep;12(9):1470-6). (IF: 2.433)
- Mehendale S, Kilari A, Deshmukh C, Dhorepatil B, Nimbargi V, Joshi S. (2009) Oxidative Stress Mediated Essential Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Alterations in Female Infertility. Human Fertility (UK) (2009 Mar;12(1):28-33). (IF: 0.910)
- Joshi S, Mehendale S, Dangat K, Kilari A, Yadav H Tarlekar V. (2008) High Maternal Plasma Antioxidant Concentrations Associated with Preterm Delivery. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. (2008; 53(3-4):276-82). (IF: 2.620)
- Kale A, Joshi S, Naphade N, Sapkale S, MSVK Raju, Pillai A, Nasrallah H, Mahadik S (2008). Opposite changes in predominantly docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in cerebrospinal fluid and red blood cells from never-medicated first-episode psychotic patients. Schizophr Res. (2008 Jan; 98(1-3):295-301). (IF: 4.453)
- Mehendale S, Kilari A, Dangat K, Taralekar V, Mahadik S, Joshi S (2008). Fatty acids, antioxidants, and oxidative stress in pre-eclampsia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. (2008 Mar;100(3):234-8). (IF: 1.674)
- Rao S, Kale A, Joshi S, Mahadik S (2007). Sensitivity of fetus and pups to excess levels of maternal intakes of alpha linolenic acid at marginal protein levels in Wistar rats. Reproductive Toxicology (US). (2007 Nov-Dec;24(3-4):333-42). (IF: 2.850)
- Mahadik S, Pillai A, Joshi S, Foster A (2006). Prevention of oxidative stress- mediated neuropathology and improved clinical outcome by adjunctive use of a combination of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in schizophrenia. International Review of Psychiatry (UK). (2006 Apr;18(2):119-31). (IF:1.800)
- Rao S, Joshi S, Kale A, Hegde M, Mahadik S (2006). Maternal folic acid supplementation to dams on marginal protein level alters brain fatty acid levels of their adult offspring. Metabolism. (2006 May;55(5):628-34) (IF: 4.375)
- Joshi S, Rao S., Girigosavi S, Daware M, Kale A, Hegde M. (2004) Differential effects of fish oil and folate supplementation during pregnancy in rats on cognitive performance and serum glucose level in their offspring. Nutrition. (US) (2004 May;20(5):465-72) (IF: 2.839)
- Joshi S, Rao S., Golwilkar A, Patwardhan M and Bhonde R.(2003) Fish oil supplementation of rats during pregnancy reduces adult disease risks in their offspring. Journal of Nutrition (US). (2003 Oct;133(10):3170-4) (IF:3.900)
- Joshi S, Garole V, Daware M, Girigosavi S and Rao S. (2003) Maternal protein restriction before pregnancy affects vital organs of offspring in Wistar rats. Metabolism. (2003 Jan;52(1):13-8). (IF: 4.375)
- Joshi S, Rao S, Golwilkar A, Patwardhan M and Bhonde R. (2003) Effects of folic acid and fish oil supplementation during maternal undernutrition on homocysteine and insulin secretion in offspring. Pediatric Research (US).(2003;53:6,P316). (IF: 2.761)
- Rao S, Yajnik C, Kanade A, Fall C, Margetts B, Jackson A, Shier R, Joshi S, Rege S, Lubree H. (2001) Intake of micronutrient rich foods in rural Indian mothers and size of their babies at birth (Pune maternal nutrition study). Journal of Nutrition (US). (2001 Apr;131(4):1217-24). (IF: 3.900)
- Garole V, Joshi S, Nayak S, Rao S. (2001) Organ growth and glucose homeostasis in rats fed on different protein levels postnatally. Pediatric Research (US)50:1,52. (IF:2.761)
- Nayak S, Joshi S, Garole V, Rao S. (2001) Effects of undernutrition during pregnancy/lactation on organ growth in rats. Pediatric Research (US) 50: 1,53A. (IF: 2.761)
- Agte V, Joshi S. (1997) Effect of traditional food processing on phytate degradation in wheat and millets J.Agric.Food.Chem (US). 45,1659-1661. (IF: 2.910)
- Joshi S, Agte V. (1995) Digestibility of dietary fiber components in vegetarian men. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition. (Netherlands) (1995 Jul;48(1):39-44). (IF: 2.276)
- Publications in National Journals:
- Kilari A, Mehendale S, Joshi S. (2009) Role of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in preterm birth. Bharat Vidyapeeth University Research Journal. 6 : 51-58
- Agte V, Joshi S, Khot S, Paknikar.K and Chiplonkar S. (1998) Effect of processing on phytate degradation and mineral solubility in pulses. J.Food.Sci.Tech. 35 : 330-332 (IF:1.241)
- Joshi S and Agte V. (1995) Comparative invitro binding of minerals by the fibers from pulses, cereals and vegetables. J.Food Sci.Tech. 32: 213-215(IF:1.241)
- Joshi S, Mane S and Agte V. (1991) Analysis of insoluble fiber components in common Indian foods and habitual diets. Ind.J. Clin.Biochem. 6: 97-103.(IF:0.00)
- Agte V and Joshi S. (1991) In vitro binding of bile salts with plant fibers from Indian diets. J.Food .Sci.Tech. 28: 226-229.(IF:1.241)
- Agte V and Joshi S. (1991) Metabolic studies on effect of fiber - digestibility of energy related nutrients. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 6: 9-15.(IF:0.00)
- Akriti S. Sahay, Deepali P. Sundrani, Sadhana R. Joshi (2016). Neurotrophins: Role in placental growth and development. Neurotrophins. Edited by Dr. Gerald Litwack [In Press]
- Khaire Amrita, Sadhana Joshi (2016). Maternal Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Pregnancy Outcome. Springer Science + Business Media. Edited by Dr. Michelle Aiello) [In Press]
- Rani Alka, Meher Akshaya, Wadhwani Nisha, Joshi Sadhana (2015). Role of maternal long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in placental development and function. Chapter 8. Human Placental trophoblast: Impact of Maternal Nutrition. CRC Press Taylor and Francis group. Edited by Dr. Asim Duttaroy and Dr. Sanjay Basak. [In Press]
- Sundrani Deepali, Khot Vinita, Joshi Sadhana (2015). DNA methylation in pregnancy complications. Chapter 19. Section 3, Epigenetic Biomarkers and Clinical Applications. Volume, Epigenetic Biomarkers and Diagnostics. Series, Translational Epigenetics. Edited by Dr. Jose Luis Garcia-Gimenez. p. 352-376.
- Kale A, Joshi S and Mahadik S. Novel Mechanism for Oxidative Stress in Neurodevelopmental Pathophysiology and Course of Schizophrenia. In Molecular Aspects of Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection. eISBN: 978-1-60805-092-(2011) Editors: Akhlaq Farooqui and Tahira Farooqui, The Ohio State University, USA. Bentham E books. USA. p. 102-120.